Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Bacadak Designs



At Bacadak Designs, I make unique and individual Tooth Fairy Pillows and a range of other hand made items, including Versatile Clutches for Mums and Kids.
 
No two pillows are identical. These Tooth Fairy Pillows are a beautiful way to exchange that treasured tooth for that much desired money.

Bacadak Designs was started in August 2010. It all started from one of my daughter's friend's mum saw a Tooth Fairy Pillow I had made and said 'Oooh, I will have to order one of those of my daughter's birthday'....

I had made Tooth Fairy Pillows, quilts, naming pillows and other appliqued or quilted products for my own 2 children, and for close friends as presents but hadn't thought to take it any further. Now the time seemed right...

I get inspiration from things my children enjoy and from family and friends.


For example...My best friend loves elephants which inspired me to make Melanie's Elephant; a customer requested me to design anything I liked for her little 9 month old girl who was a combination of her older two sisters and also a night owl...you guessed it...Night Owl was created! And my daughter loves all things pretty and can be a bit of a diva...hence Wannabe Princess came about and seems to be one of the most popular pillows for girls; and the clutch purse was first made so she could have a bag to take shopping just like Mum.

Although I recreate designs, I am always using different fabrics so no two pillows are the same! I am open to taking customer requests if you or your child has a favourite colour or theme!
 
Aswell as the Tooth Fairy Pillows, I love to create other items using craft and sewing, which is why Bacadak Designs is also creating other items such as Versatile Clutches for Mums and Bubs at the moment.
 
To see some of my designs that are available, please go to 

www.facebook.com/toothfairypillows







 

No comments:

Post a Comment